Saturday, February 6, 2016

My Gripe On Gripevine


                                                                                         
I had an issue with a vendor. I thought I had purchased from a USA based company but it ended up being in China. I had ordered and prepaid for a very special gift for my USMC son. But they did not do it right and I asked for a refund. Instead this company blocked my IP and shipped the item.
When it arrived on December 22 I told the UPS driver I did NOT want to accept it. He told me to go ahead and take it but if I decided to not keep it to just give it back to him later. I called my husband and then tracked the driver down and told him I wanted to refuse it. He noted that it was delivered instead.
So when I filed a complaint the status was delivered even though UPS had it. It was in fact at the local shipping office. I got the royal run around from UPS (800) customer service number because this was an international shipment. I went into the local office and yelled (yes I yelled) at the manager. I discovered this was the wrong thing to do because they then sent the item to Billings, MT to a fake address. I spoke to someone in that office she had the package in her hands. I asked her to send it back to me and I would try to resolve it myself. She said it was on it's way to my address but in Lincoln, NE and there was nothing she could do. I called the Lincoln, NE shipping office and spoke to a woman there. I begged her to not let it disappear that once it was there I would have someone pick it up. It never left Billings, MT and suddenly disappeared. I was told by clerks That this was special treatment and UPS's way of resolving difficult customer disputes. I paid the shipper for the item and I suppose UPS did also so they got paid twice, I never got a refund or my item.
Since then my UPS driver refuses to knock on my door or ring my door bell. He refuses to get signatures on signature required packages. I can't get beyond the 800 customer service number and I fear that if I file a complaint there I will never see a package again. I no longer trust UPS and try at all costs to never get a package shipped via UPS. I don't trust any company where I can not call the corporate office and talk to a human. Bad business. I may have to stop shopping on line.

Have a similar story or want updates on my story?: Click Here To go to Gripevine and tell them about it!