Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Future Of Advertising And You


The future of advertising and You

I watched this video and a few things that  Pierce Morgan's guest Gary Vaynerchuk said hit home. Like businesses don't care about us the consumers anymore and that is very true. But he also mentions how we treat our pets more like humans and that is also very true, 45 years ago the thought of dressing your dog in clothing and treating them like a baby was un-thought of among most Americans. This episode makes you think about where society is headed, what advertising is doing and where they are headed.  

I try to stay away from politics because I don't want to offend anyone, so what I am  going to talk about now is just to inform and not to sway. I have been seeing the term SOPA a lot lately but I did not know what it meant so I went looking. SOPA stands for Stop Online Piracy Act. This is a bill that is before Congress right now, here is the deal big business is behind it because it gives them teeth to be sure that they can control the misuse of their trademarked goods. But my fear is with this new law they can shut down sites like google and blogs claiming that the advertisements  shared and the stories told are their trademarked goods. With this law in place they can force sites to be shut down with in 5 days.

I also read that this law was to be put to vote after the New Year however they want to push it up to before the Christmas break so that they can get it passed with out a lot of people knowing what's up.... So I want to know WHAT's Up?

Read about it: