Friday, March 7, 2014

Introducing Healthing, Lysol... Why I never Leave Home without it!


Have you heard of the term "Healthing" yet? It's not a new concept. Keeping your family clean and safe from germs is the number one priority for parents everywhere. Lysol is committed to offering you the tools you need to offer your family the best environment for your family, even if you are away from home. When I am travelling, I always have a small can of Lysol disinfectant spray in my purse or suitcase. If I'm flying, I use Lysol disinfectant wipes. I had always used Lysol to spray down the kids toys, because well... kids are nasty little goobers sometimes. Once a month I always washed them and then followed up with a spritz of Lysol, because it kills up to 99.9% of germs!

  It's because of Lysol's power to protect and kill those germs, that I started to cart it around with me.  Giuliana Rancic has partnered with Lysol to work with YMCA's across the country. Not only is she currently visiting YMCA's in select markets across the country, she is demonstrating how "Healthing" works.  LYSOL will not only provide people who attend the workshops with valuable information about their products, but they will give them  proven steps to practice improved hygiene habits in their own home. Lysol, and Guliana are dedicated to providing these acts in a fun way, so your kids will really enjoy learning how to be healthy and safe from germs. LYSOL will also provide educational information and disinfecting products to the local YMCAs, along with the donation of a one-year membership to a deserving family. You can participate in Lysol's Healthing initiative by visiting their website:http://www.lysol.com/healthing, Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Lysol?ref=ts&fref=ts or Lysol's Healthing guidebookhttp://www.lysol.com/healthing/what-is-healthing
  When I was diagnosed with Leukemia, my immune system was non-existent. Being out in public was actually hazardous to me. If I was exposed to the flu or a simple cold meant I could die.
I actually spent time in the hospital after my sister and her kids ( who had colds) came to see me.
When that happened, I realized how important it was to keep everything as clean as possible. So think of all  those wonderful public bathrooms, ill cleaned hotel rooms, even public seats on bus' or airplanes. I had to be very careful. Lysol became my best friend. I carry a small makeup bag and in it has a supply of toilet seat covers, toilet paper and Lysol. When I have to visit the ladies room no matter how clean it looks I use my supplies. "Healthing" is not being paranoid, it's being smart and careful. At home I spray the beds when I change sheets, counter tops, toilets and even my bathroom and kitchen floors after I mop. I also use my Lysol spray on the dogs beds and their favorite rugs. If I deep clean I even use it on my blinds, sofa and easy chairs. These are the places I want to make sure are at their cleanest, and thanks to Lysol I can rest easy knowing my home is protected.

“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.”