Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops

Ulysses S. Grand was president, the year was 1870 when former German confectionery maker J. Herman  Pine and his brother went into business making Pine Brothers Glycerine Tablets naming them Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops. He wanted to make something that would sooth a sore throat, 140 years later they are still producing this great product.
Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops come in four flavors; Honey and Wild Cherry; Licorice and Lemon Citrus will be added soon. I was able to sample the Wild Cherry and Honey. While the wild cherry is my favorite , my son in law prefers the honey. My daughter who is all about anything honey loved the wild cherry. My husband and son really don't care about flavors all they want is something that works. 

I didn't think I had ever used Pine Brothers before this. As soon as they arrived a niggling  of childhood memories flooded my mind. They looked so familiar, and then when I tasted one, it was like my mom was standing next to me saying "Kimberly Donee put it in your mouth and suck on it, stop playing around."  Everything about them came rushing back to me, the softish chewy texture that you couldn't quite chew, the sweet cherry flavor that was almost like candy and the soothing relief to tired sore throats. To me this was an instant touch of home.. 

My daughter is a phone secretary and has to talk a lot. Her voice often goes horse by the end of the day. She loves Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops, and takes them to work. The drops coat her throat and makes it easy to keep talking and thus she says keeps her sweet disposition. We both like the tins that are now plastic the small round containers are convenient and easily can be carried in a purse or pocket. 

With the flu season on us it's time to stock up, Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops come in small 26 count canisters that are perfect for on the go and larger 32 count bags that you can keep at home or in your desk drawer, they are great as refills to the smaller containers also. You can purchase Pine Brothers Softish Throat Drops at CVS and other fine stores you can check a complete listing here. If you can't find them at a local store you can always purchase them on line here.

Pine Brothers will be running contests so be sure to go like their Facebook page and Twitter so you can keep up to date on their contests and specials. For more information please visit http://www.pinebrothers.com/


                      
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.