Sunday, April 22, 2012

Top Gear, A Commentary By A Fat, Stupid American


As you may know my son in law is from England, when he moved here he brought with him a few things he loved, like Bisto (his grandmothers gravy mix ) and a few other odds and ends. When he found Top Gear on Netflix he was ecstatic and watched one episode after another. This is because he is like my husband, they both love cars.

I was exposed over and over to these reruns. I had the distinct displeasure of listening to the very pompous and generally irritating, arrogant person Jeremy Clarkson. This man hates all things American and especially us Americans. And he has no qualm of going on their show and proclaiming it over and over. Calling us fat, lazy, stupid and ugly. Take a look at this man a little closer... potbelly calling the kettle black I would say. When I looked up pictures on Google to post on here I discovered that this guy who calls us all sorts of names doesn't exactly look like Adonis himself. So I wondered how in the world could he go on and on about his loathing of us, our cars, our lives when clearly he has not much to talk about in the looks and weight department. I also discovered he is a writer for the show. Has he not learned that no one is not replaceable? I also discovered that he hated a particular Ford and rated it poorly, then stood in front of the camera waving an American flag so Ford would let him have one. I don't know who this man thinks he is but I think we fat, lazy, stupid, ugly Americans should send a message to his network, because this guy needs to learn some manners. Take care of your own yard before you poke sticks at your neighbors.

Here are a few of his quotes about us:
America: 250 million wankers living in a country with no word for wanker.” 
"In some parts of America they've actually started mating with vegetables"
 [On Segways - one pictured above] - 'They're made in America, of course, so fat Yanks can go to the fridge without expending any energy.'

These are tame compared to some I heard like how we all marry our sisters.

But I guess I should not get my feelings too hurt because this guy is an equal opportunity hater he once said that workers who were on strike should be shot and here is another great QUIP???
“I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” 



Tell The BBC what you think of Mr.Clarkson here: https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/complaints/forms/?reset=#anchor