Friday, April 6, 2012

Johnny Concert Cosmetics Review


I did my dream product review for the lovely company Johnny Concert Glamour, and I must say I am impressed. I have an intense love of all animals/creatures of whatever shape or size, and I am downright ecstatic to have found a PETA Cerified, organic cosmetics line! Johnny Concert make-up is economically friendly, naturally-safe, company who supports veganism by using NO animal by-products or animal testing. Remember all that icky stuff I told you about in my Eco-Store review? Well, Johnny cosmetics falls right in there with some of my favorite things, they use plant-based materials (while remaining gluten-free) in all of their products and have a huge selection of totally plant-based, vegan friendly products. I was given 2 sample colors in their loose mineral eyeshadow, and one sample of mineral lipstick. All the samples I received are %100 vegan friendly. The eyeshadows in Serenade and Ganja (Bloggity Blog nor any of its affiliates condone to use or sale of drugs), and the lipstick in Glampire. I also receved an extra pot of neutral tone base that I used on my eyelids before application of
eyeshadows. Serenade is a beautiful, rich shimmery blue. The first time I used it, I did not use a base for a lighter, more subtle look. Please remember that these are loose powder make-ups, and if you don't have much experience with them or have proper brushes, you may make a mess of yourself, haha. The other color, Ganja (as an anti-drug use advocate) I would probably have appreciated this product better with a different name, is also a very lovely color, a light, playful green matte. My personal favorite item I got to review is the Glampire lipstick. I have small but well-shaped lips that I am always looking for a way to offset flatteringly to my glasses, but have never been happy with what I find. That is until I used Glampire, a richly entrancing, deep plum that I adore. The lipstick itself is a bit thick, so I like to double it with a subtle lipgloss.

I'm pretty excited to have been able to have the opportunity to do this review, and plan to be a steady shopper!