Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Online Business


Online Business

I appreciate the guest post, Lindsay Valdez

When I was starting my first online business I have to think a lot of technological issues that I didn't really know a lot about. For example, I spent a lot of time on t1internet.net checking out how expenses it would be to get faster Internet connection in my home office (spoiler, it's not) and I also spent a lot of time working with a graphic designer to make my website perfect. Now that I and a couple of years down this road I realize it is totally not worth it to spend so much time making the website look good… As long as it transacts in people buy off it, it doesn't really matter how it looks. It's like when you are flipping a house, you can put a lot of money into the most expensive upgrades but at a certain point you're just wasting cash. There's a fine line between what is necessary and what is just overkill and the last thing I want is to throw away money when it is coming directly out of my pocket!