Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kims Recipe Box ~ Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread is one of my families favorites and when the growing season starts I let a few over grow so I can use them in bread and cookies (yes I make cookies with zucchini). It freezes really well also.
 Here is our recipe:

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs                               1 tsp. baking soda
1 c oil                                1/4 tsp baking powder
2 c sugar                           1 tsp salt
2 c zucchini (grated)           3 tsp cunnamon]
3 c flour

Preheat oven to 350 F.
Beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, and vanilla. Mix well.  Mix  the flour, baking soda, baking powered in a bowl. Add to the first mixture and blend. Add nuts. Bake in 2 (9x5-inch) pans
at 350 degrees f. until done.

Gilding the lily::
Instead of the oil I use apple sauce. You would use the exact same measurements.
Using applesauce makes it less fattening and it is super moist and delicious!