Monday, February 20, 2012

Bacon Jam Review



Why Skillet Bacon Jam Is A New Favorite Of Mine.

Okay, I confess, I love all things bacon... yes I am a baconholic I am afraid there is no cure for this and I don't want there to be. So when I saw bacon jam my eyes perked up and I asked if I could review it, when Skillet said yes, I was in ...HOG heaven !                        
When the skillet bacon jam arrived my husband and I looked at it and I have to tell you that at first sight I was a bit put off. It is not a pretty spread but I made a commitment and I was going to have to try it. The next morning at breakfast my husband and I spread it on our toast. I closed my eyes and opened my mouth...my instant reaction was OMG it's good! I can and did defiantly get over my visual impression, this stuff is yummy.


After I tasted it I had to find out how it was made. First of all they use Niman Ranch bacon and render it down with onions balsamic and other spices. They cook it, puree it and put it in a jar. When you open it, it smells good, it has a smoky, rich and mellow bacony OMG give me more quality to it. I told my husband we could use this spread on almost anything, egg sandwiches, any meat sandwich, with chicken, on burgers, even in a grilled cheese sandwich or an additive in a dressing for a salad. I can think of a dozen or more ways to use this spread. 


When I read that it was a certain ranch that supplied the bacon I was curious about what was so impressive about this place. Why would they tell me that it is Niman Ranch meat. So I checked them out and discovered that this ranch grows their food the right way. Exactly as I have been talking about in all my posts, their meat is free of hormones or antibiotics they are fed a wholesome vegetarian diet. The animals are raised in a healthy humane environment, just like the way our grandparents farmed. So I know this is good healthy meat to start with.


The only thing that disappointed me about this spread is that they sent me a sample size and not a full sized container. Because I want more! If you even like bacon this is a must for you. It is available for sale in the U.S. and Canada, you can get more information about where you can find it or ordering it on line by clicking here . If you have questions you can always email Skillet at eat@skilletstreetfood.com. While we each have our own likes and dislikes I don't think this is a product that would be disappointing to you.



Disclaimer:
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.