Saturday, December 17, 2011

Warnings For You

Don't Do It!
Important, A Must Read!
 I get tons of notices some say that I won hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars.I have received offers from bankers, lawyers and heads of state to accept millions of dollars from them all I need to do is accept this money and when they come to the U.S.A. we will split the money all I need to do is assure them I am an honest person.I also get notices from groups like Ebay, Facebook, Hotmail, banks like Bank of America and creditors about my Visa or Mastercard. I have been getting notices from businesses about orders they want to place with me or orders I supposedly placed. Some of these notes mention me or other family members by name.

I get notices from UPS, DHL and Federal Express that I have a package or some sort of goods that is being held up because of an error in my address and all I need to do is provide them with my information to clear it.

Then I get notices from Paypal or Hotmail and Facebook saying that if I don't verify my account they will close my account. Or that there has been a breech of my account and they need to verify that I am the correct owner.

Here is an example I received today:
Virus Notification

A DGTFX Virus has been detected in your Account folders. Your email account has to be upgraded to our new Secured with NORTON SECURITY anti-virus 2011 version to prevent damages to our web mail log and to your important files. Click your reply tab, Fill the columns below and send back to us or your email account will be terminated to avoid spread of the virus.

This was sent to me from the Hotmail verification team...

99% of these notices ask me for this:
* Full Name:
* User name : 
* Password  :
* Reconfirm Password:
* Date of Birth:
* Country Or Territory:

or this:

Your e-mail address has subsequently won you the sum of £1,200,000.00GBP in the IRISH PROMOTION for the second quarter of the year draws.Get back with your Name:
Address:
Country:
Tel:
Age:
sex:
occupation: 
for claims contact: 
Mr. David B,
Email: 
Phone+


Others brazenly require my banking information so they can wire the money to me.

While I wish that these offers were real because I would have been a millionaire many times over.I know that these offers are not real, ALL with out fail are from people in other countries. The most disturbing part of this type of email is I know there are people out there that fall for these offers and notices. If you have received notices like these and have provided your information..change your passwords IMMEDIATELY and contact that company to get help in preventing any further damage because I can guarantee you have already been hit by some sort of scam.

If you know people that fall prey to scams like this please share this note with them and warn them about these scams. The reason so many send me notices (I get up to 75 of these every day) is because they are making tons of money off innocent and trusting people. If you give them your account information they are going to rob you, if you call the numbers they provide often there are charges in the hundreds of dollars associated with those numbers and I have to tell you that if you make the call your phone company will not remove those charges.

Here are some sites where you can read a little more on these types of scams:

And there are more like the Nigerian money scams, Irish lottery scam, UK lottery scam, someone hired me to kill you scam and it goes on and on. The thing is to be smarter then the average bear.
Never, never,NEVER give your information until you know that the email is real.  If you think an email may be legitimate and are unsure go to your companies site, click on the contact link (usually at the bottom of the page) and write to their customer service. Cut and paste the notification you received question box and ask if this is real. If you don't know how to cut and paste click here for my tutorial.

Bloggers/readers: You have my permission to copy and re-post this message in it's entirety. While I would hope you would link it back to Bloggity Blog, this information is so important if you don't want to link it to me that is okay also.