Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Political Topic

Generally I try to keep my political and religious beliefs to myself, I have lost quite a few dear friends because of both topics. I tend to be very conservative in my beliefs and I grew up in an extremely liberal area.

But this is something I feel really strongly about. My husband and I went to supper tonight after shopping for new Christmas lights for our tree. The little buffet had a t.v. going and I got caught up in listening to one of my pop idols talk about her life. Then she started to talk politics and that is when she lost my love.

I say this because politicians use celebrities to gain popularity, it doesn't matter if they are right or wrong or if the person should be in office or not. We the People should pick our leaders by their merit and not because some diva or star influences us to do it.

Not only that, but this chick was highly opinionated (I think she has a right to her opinion...at her house, okay not on National T.V.) and she is not educated. I know because she is so wrong in her thinking. I can not stand to hear someone spout off when they have no concept of what they are talking about.

When I hear people quote what the politicians tell them to think, it scares me big time because they are not finding out for themselves what is going on.

I am not going to tell you who this was, nor if I am pro Obama or not. But what I am going to say is this chick said we voted Obama in so we could BLAME the BLACK MAN......and that we needed a scapegoat so we picked a black man to be it. WHAT???????????? REALLY? Is this the the new strategy for the future? I was watching a commentary about that Republican that had all sorts of women come out of the cracks and crevices accusing him of sexual misconduct when he said we were lynching him.  Come on now, the pendulum has swung too far the other way if all they have to do is pull the race card every time they want to have negative attention diverted somewhere else.

To understand our economy YOU MUST know something about economics and how it works. Sorry folks I am not trying to talk down to you, but most people think of economics in the micro sense. For instance you write a check it goes to your bank and the money comes out of your account...you see the chain reaction immediately.
What most people don't take into account is the Macro picture of our Economy. IT TOOK THEM DECADES
to ruin our lives and don't you ever let them tell you that it is one President over another that did this, they are all responsible  This is a chain reaction, like building blocks, each has been building our debt higher and higher. NO ONE man has the power in our country to do what they have done. It has taken teams of men and women making bad choices, over spending and out and out theft to run us in the ground the way they have.

This celebrity said (and I have heard this over and over by many people) that Clinton had balanced the budget and fixed the deficit.... uhm no he didn't. Playing with figures and numbers doesn't mean he fixed a thing. Always remember....just because they say something is true doesn't mean it is.

Okay now I am putting away my soap box. My goal here is not to influence you to my way of thinking other then to get you thinking.