Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How Cool is This Anyway?

I used to be a Girl Scout leader.I had a troop in California and then again in Nebraska.Because of all my work with kids, I have a stock pile of how to's and crafts some of them pretty cool and some of them big flops. And so it goes.

Today in reading through some blog emails I get I found this tip on home made Play Doh . It took me back to the days when my kids were little and I did things like this with them. How cool is this anyway?


Edible Play Doh
Ingredients:
2 Big Spoonfuls of Creamy Peanut Butter
2 Big Spoonfuls of White Frosting
1 Cup of Powdered Sugar
Directions:
1. Mix peanut butter and frosting together to form one big ball.
2. Add powdered sugar a little at a time until you reach play doh consistency.
3. Have fun!
Non-edible Play Doh (all the ingredients are edible but I can’t imagine it tasting good)
Ingredients:
4 Cups Flour
1 Cup Salt
4 Tablespoons Oil
A Few Drops Of Food Coloring
1 1/2 Cups Water
Ziploc Bag
Directions:
1. Mix food coloring and water together in bag.
2. Slowly in dry ingredients.
3. Mix together in the bag and work until it becomes the correct consistency.

No comments: