Monday, November 5, 2012

Cesar Share The Story and Share The Love ~ You Spreading the Love Can Really Help!

Photo Credit: Cesar Dog Food.
When I was younger I never really cared to have a lot of animals around me, I was too busy and too stressed over the little things in life. When I started my family I recognized the importance of having a dog for my children; not only to provide companionship for them, but to teach them responsibility. What I didn't know was how much they would become part of my life. 

Not so slowly, they became entrenched in my heart and a part of my family. When I'm sad or sick, they cuddle with me. They  always want to please me and can make me smile by doing all the silly things they do. I love watching them play.  When I come home they're always excited I'm back. They are my constant companions and  follow me everywhere I go. I especially love how excited they get when they are able to come with me in the car; it is the highlight of their lives to go somewhere with me. Unlike any other living being in my life, their love is totally unconditional. They don't care if I'm fat, don't wear the best clothes, or am having a bad hair day; my dogs are totally devoted to me. I can have an off day and be moody and they look at me adoringly. Not once have they looked at me with teenage disdain before stomping out of the room. 

Because dogs are so loving and able to heal broken hearts, give comfort, bring down high blood pressure, stress, and anxiety they make great therapy partners. Dogs don't see race, financial ability or sexual orientation, their love is universal and unconditional. Many hospitals and nursing homes have incorporated dogs into their programs giving patients access to healing only dogs can bring. Cesar is dedicated to supporting therapy dogs because they know the love a dog shares can be transforming to anyone in need. You can also support them  through Cesar's Share A Story and Share the Love campaign. It's so easy, Won't you partner with Cesar and make this campaign a huge success? Please visit cesar.com/therapydogs and read the real life stories, and then share a real life story about how a therapy dog has touched lives on your social media site such as Facebook and Twitter. Cesar wants to donate $100,000 to three dog therapy organizations. Cesar can only make it happen if we spread the word and share the love.

When I was diagnosed with Leukemia I had to spend two solid months in  the hospital. While there I was visited by a  therapy dog, she was a beautiful golden retriever. She wore a clown plucky collar and hat, and was always willing to cuddle with me and give me some love.  I was stuck in a place I did not want to be and knowing that the dog was going to come see me when my family was so far away  perked me up; she was the highlight of my day. 

For more  information about Cesar and the Share A Story and Share The Love campaign please visit Cesar by clicking here and visiting their web and Facebook pages.

“I wrote this review while participating in an ambassador program by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Cesar and received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.”