Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tree Hugger Mama Cloth (feminine products) Open to US and Canada, ends


 While browsing on Facebook I found a really neat company, Tree Hugger. I was intrigued not only by the name but the pictures so I had to investigate a little, I discovered that Tree Hugger offers reusable washable feminine hygiene products. I was stunned because I never heard of such a thing. I have had a hysterectomy so my monthly visitor left a long time ago but I have a 21 year old daughter whom hates to use pads, she says they are uncomfortable and make her feel yucky. She absolutely refuses to use pads with wings. I guess for me I am so old that the new pads were freeing versus the old fashioned thick things with the belt and straps that really made you feel bulky.

Tree Hugger pads are made completely of cloth and there are two choices.Minky which is soft and fluffy, it feels smooth to the touch, and bamboo fiber which is a little stiffer then the minky. I liked the way the minky felt to the touch. My daughter also likes the minky better also but that was because she says it is thinner. She really hates the bulk of it all, boy what would she have done back when I was a girl? We both like the cool colors and patterns that these pads come in and the discrete way they fold up, who would know what they were if one should happen to fall out of a handbag or you had someone snooping where they did not belong?

How they work: just like a disposable only they don't have the sticky tape. The top is super absorbent and the bottom is a water resistant wool. Inside is a highly absorbent material called Zorb. Zorb contains the same stuff as in diapers which is made up of cellulose fibers from bamboo, cotton , viscose and ply micro fiber, it's super absorbent.

So how does my germaphobic daughter like a reusable washable pad? She loves it, she says that they are really comfortable and really absorbent. She plans to get more, the pads are pricey but if used and washed properly the pay for themselves in no time. If you get enough to last your entire cycle and only wash them once a month they will last up to 10 years. That's a lot of landfill space you have saved the earth! And cost wise you will be saving thousands of dollars over the span of ten years! So with the initial start up cost being so high you will actually be saving money. Tree Hugger comes in any size you like from panty liners, day, heavy, night or postpartum. I also like that you can use Tree Huggers for menstruation or incontinence, it doesn't matter what stage of life you are at Tree Hugger is the environmentally friendly product for any woman. Tree Hugger ships world wide, mine arrived super quick. Be sure to visit Tree Hugger on Facebook!

Tree Hugger is giving away two pads to one of my readers. To enter all you have to do is the easy mandatory entries. The rest of the entries are optional you can do one or all of the optional entries that is up to you. Keep in mind that the more you do the better are you chances of winning.

Please click  HERE to enter this giveaway.

Disclaimer: I did receive a sample of this product to try so I could write this review. Even so I would never say I liked something if I did not. All opinions are my own. None of the blogs participating in this giveaway are responsible for the delivery of this gift, Tree Hugger will be shipping the product directly to the winner.