Thursday, September 13, 2012

Today's News


Anyone that knows me knows I love my country, I especially love the men and women that have served or are serving in our military. That's why today's news is so disturbing to me. It's also why this mom blogger has to say something about it to you.

 Our Marines in Egypt have been forbidden to have live amo while they protect our US embassies there, this rule was handed down by US ambassador to Egypt Anne Patterson.I have also learned that three of our embassies have been attacked, one in Cairo, one in Sanaa and one in Libya. The ambassador and three embassy workers were killed in Libya. 

Finally, the new president to Egypt Mohamed Mursi has reportedly dismissed his two top Generals in an attempt to stop the laws limiting his power and control over military rule in Egypt.

Why is this all happening? Because Muslims are angry about a video an Egyptian living in America produced and apparently posted on You Tube. Muslims are offended by the portrayal of Mohamed. The thing that gets me is that this man is Egyptian yet we are being blamed. There are a lot of Muslims living in America, I don't blame them for what is going on in the middle east. I think this is just a reason they are using to attack Americans in their country and I want to know which power ( I think I know already) handed down the order to prevent our Marines from doing their jobs. Why Ambassador Patterson would follow such a heinous rule I don't know it's her life they are protecting.