Monday, July 30, 2012

Hoover Max Extract 60! Review!




My Hoover Max Extract 60 arrived today and boy am I stoked! I couldn't wait to pull it out of the box and start to play with it. Some assembly was required:

Basically all I needed to do was click the water tanks in put the handle on (required removing and replacing one screw) and that's it! It even came with a small bottle of cleaner. I got on the phone and registered my new machine and the girl I spoke with was so nice and helpful. 

While reading the owners manual I discovered my machine had some upgrades and I wanted to know if I could purchase them for the one I had, not only did she research and find out that yes the floor squeegee and the hand held scrubber would fit my machine, she got the parts numbers, how much they would cost AND gave me the s&h for them also! Not too bad. As it is my Hoover came with 5 scrubber brushes (you can get 5 or 10) and a hand held upholstery tool that clips on to the attachment hose. But when I discovered this machine can clean hard floors also! I went ahead and ordered the attachment for it because I have both carpet and hardwood floors.
So how does it work and how did I like it? Filling the tanks was a breeze, it took no effort at all to get it underway. I also loved the way it extracted the water from the carpet. To me the key was volume, I have learned over the years with previous machines to not lay on the trigger too heavily because the more you put on the more you have to suck out. My old way of cleaning took 2 machines one to scrub in the cleaners the other to suck them out. I love my new Hoover Mac Extract 60 because it kept the heat up, and did a great job of sucking out the excess water. It did take a lot of dumping and filling but that is sort of expected. Over all I love the very helpful customer service and the ease of using this steam cleaner. 

Disclosure: I received a sample of this product to facilitate my review, but my opinions are entirely my own