Thursday, May 24, 2012

Mario Olive Review


Mario Olive Review

I think that at some time in everyone's lives we all get a little foolish over something edible. For me one of the things I have no sense over is olives, I love them. Up until now I only knew of black, green Spanish and Greek olives. I can munch down a can or jar of them while watching T.V.in a single sitting. I love them so much I will try an olive any way they serve it up, I have had them seasoned and stuffed with everything they can think of. I think the only olive I did not like was some Blue Cheese stuffed green olives I tried... I don't like them Sam I am... 

You can imagine how excited I was when I was picked to review Mario olives. I was on pins and needles until they arrived! When they got here oh my goodness did I get the Kim treat of all treats. Extra so because when it comes to the family, my husband eats olives but can live with out them. The kids don't like them at all. This means this is a Kim feast, I don't have to share!

Here is what arrived. 
The Bacon Bits which were an unexpected treat. I use bacon bits in salads, omelets, pinto beans, green beans anything I want to add a little flavor of down home comfort to without the fuss and mess of frying some up. And Mario's bacon bits are fresh, chunky and delicious 
I thought the pouches were unique and fun, each one is packed with exactly 100 calories worth of olives in it. Plus, because they are not in a can they are very portable and can go in a lunch box or picnic basket even  in a back pack for camping trips.

The flavors were fabulous also! I received 2 packs of flavored green olives: garlic, and thyme with chili. Okay the chili I was a little afraid of but when I opened them and tasted them, THEY were great and not too spicy. There was a slight chili flavor but it was in no way hot. I am defiantly going to be purchasing these olives. I also recieved Kalamata olives (shown in picture above) which were seasoned with thyme also. I have to say I love the flavorings. The packaged olives were coated with oil along with the seasonings. The green olives had the same zippy flavor as the spanish olives I buy in the jars but with the added treat of the spices. I did not open the black olives yet. 

Living in a small town in the midwest I am stuck with certain brands, however I am going to go on a campaign at the local grocery stores to get Mario's olives in some of the stores around town.....

If I had more then 2 thumbs these olives would get them! Thank You Mario for such a delightful product!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.