Friday, April 20, 2012

Reality Check

Reality Check

This guest post from Mickey Garza

Moving out as a young couple in a hard economy had work kicking both mine and my husband’s tail. We thought it was a good idea to leave the reach of our parents until bills came pouring in and we had no money left to do the fun things we were used to doing. Many nights our dinner menu looked like ravioli and ramen noodles and water from the tap, sometimes beans and rice if we were lucky. We were paying our bills and saving money for our future; this was no way of living happily…something had to give. I knew our television was a huge expense; I was calling to cancel, when my husband told me to log onto http://www.Cabletvadvisor.com/ and see if they had any cheaper packages with our favorite channels still available. I found a cheaper package and preceded to call them, the staff was really nice and helpful. The next night were enjoying a great show of criminal minds and enjoying Hamburger helper, we had moved up a little in the realm of eating good food. At the end of the night my husband looked at me and said “let’s invite mom over to cook dinner tomorrow”. I think he had enough of the cheaply cooked meals.