Friday, February 24, 2012

Shredding My Losses by Jennifer Seville



 
        My name is Jen. I'm new to reaching out to the public, because just one year ago I was hiding under a rock... extremely overweight.  I weighed in at 260 lbs and was dealing with horrible depression and self esteem issues. I decided to change my life.  However, I had no idea that what I was about to do would change my life forever and ultimately leave me over 100 lbs LIGHTER!  I joined the gym, I watched what I ate, and I found a love for running.  In a years time I managed to get my life back, get rid of my depression, and become a healthy weight.  I have three daughters all under the age of 6 that need a healthy and energetic mom that can keep up with them.  My daughters and my husband are beyond happy with my changes and were my number one fans through it all.  

        It was hardwork.  Who wants to work out on a Saturday and Sunday?  Well I sure didn't, but I also didn't want to be overweight for the rest of my life, so I did what I needed to do and I LOVE working out now.  My life has changed because my weight loss was an internal and external transformation.  I write this blog because I want everyone to know how good I feel and that everyone deserves to be as happy as I am.  I lived about 6 years of my life depressed and hiding from society because I thought they would judge me for my obesity.  I'm extremely thankful that I finally let go of some of my insecurities and made healthy changes in my life.  During my process I kept a journal.  My journal was where I wrote about my workouts, what I ate, how I was feeling, what frustrated me, and what goals I was achieving.  It was a handy tool, and even more handy at the end when I looked back and realized how much has actually changed.  So much of a change that I knew I had to tell people about it.  I published my weight loss journal so the world could see first hand from a normal person that it IS possible to achieve goals.  It's called "Shredding My Losses" by Jennifer Seville, and it's available on amazon.com as well as barnesandnoble.com for Kindle and Nook.  I hope my story can inspire someone who feels the way I used to feel and help them realize that they are not alone.  I had the opportunity to work with Woman's World magazine as well, and got published in their March 5th issue!  Just one other way to try and reach out to the public to inspire them to make every day count!  

         Even though I am no longer the person I used to be, I will never forget where I started, and if letting people see me at my worst, helps them to get to their best, then it's all worth it to spread the word.  Please read my book and join me on my facebook page called "Change One Thing" where we talk daily about life, workouts, inspirations, and participate in weekly group challenges to keep things fun and exciting.  This is a lifestyle, and I plan to maintain this lifestyle forever.
 

Thank you Jen for such an inspiring story! When Jen wrote to me and told me her story I invited her to write a guest post. I know in my life losing weight has been a constant struggle. I love hearing when someone has beaten the battle of the bulge. If you want to read more on Jen and her amazing transformation her book is available on Amazon and at Barnes and Noble. Jen would like to get to know you more and has invited anyone that would like to read more success stories, check out her recipes, or keep up with her continual journey. She  has invited you to join her on her Website and her Facebook page.