Thursday, December 15, 2011

Kims Recipe Box Kim's Coconut Macaroons

Need Inspiration?
I know I do ... if you need ideas for cookies C&H Surgar has a few nice ones for you

This afternoon I am making Gingerbread men ( a mix I have to admit)
Peanutbutter Blossoms
Oatmeal cookies
Chocolate Chip
and
And my Coconut Macaroons
Kim's Coconut Macaroons
Ingredients
3 egg whites 
1/3 c. sugar
1(14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 3/4 Tsp Almond Extract
2 Tbsp all purpose flour (can use coconut flour)
dash salt (optional I didn't use this)
4 cups Tropical Traditions Organic Dried Shredded Coconut.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Grease and lightly flour cookie sheets (this is a must or they will stick).
In a medium bowl beat the egg whites until they are frothy. Add the sugar, flour, salt, almond extract and vanilla; blend well.
Stir in the coconut. 
Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet.


Bake at 325 for 13 to 17 minutes or until set and light golden brown.
After you take them out of the oven remove them from the cookie sheet immediately to prevent 
sticking. Place on wire racks to cool.





I used to make an unbelievable pumpkin cookie before I got sick and I may look for that one also
If I find it I will post it because if you like pumpkin this one is mind blowing.