I have always wanted to try lamb and this looks wonderful!
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 quart low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine lamb, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1 tsp. salt in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 12.
- 2. Place lamb in a slow cooker; add carrots and 2 cups chicken broth. Cover and cook on low until lamb is fork-tender, about 6 hours.
- 3. In a large saucepan, bring remaining 2 cups broth and 1/2 tsp. salt to boil. Add couscous, stir, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes, fluff with a fork, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Spoon lamb and skimmed juices over couscous and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.