Monday, November 14, 2011

Coupon Corner

I went to HyVee Saturday with my coupon caddy and boy did I save Money!

In an unadvertised deal they had Philadelphia cooking cream for 99 cents so I used 2 of these  that I had printed off Coupons.com MM!( -.02 is still more then I paid)!
 has a coupon out for 50 cents off and HyVee had them for 1.00 per pack! KaChing!
Land O FrostRoast Beef was 1.99 and I had a coupon for 1.00 off!
7UP products were .59 cents for a 2 ltr bottle and I had a coupon 1.00 off when you buy 2!  Green Giant Corn, Peas and Green Beans were .49 cents per can! And 3 pound rolls of ground beef was 1.88 per pound.
I got 2 1/2 gallons of milk at 1.26 each and had those $1.00 off milk coupons so they ended up being .52 cents for both!. I can't list everything I got. But Coupons work if you watch the papers.

My Bill was 154.00 and after they took out (20 or more coupons) I paid 42.00 and change. I did not buy anything I don't use, no hording things just because they are free in this house! I did not pay full price for a single item I bought and I walked away a WINNER! I may not be one of those super duper couponers that has rooms dedicated to items I will never be able to use up in a lifetime let alone before they EXPIRE but I do okay and I am proud of my savings. I saved over $100.00 and that is one big KAAA~CHING!

This week HyVee is having some major sales on meat so if you have one near you check it out also HyVee has a lot of one day sales and they do not put their flyer in out local paper so I have to be on my toes and hit the store every Saturday to make sure

I do use a coupon folder to keep it all organized but before I got it this is how I sorted my coupons.
I used plain envelopes and I wrote on them what was in them ie: dairy, beverages, frozen foods, pet supplies ect. Then I placed the envelopes in an old makeup bag and there was my kit that I could put in my purse and not forget at home. Every week I take them out and look at them, check the dates and the local advertisements and match up what I want and need. When I am at the store sometimes they have unadvertised clearance specials and I have coupons with me so I can match up on the spot!. I ALWAYS have an empty envelope I can put the coupons I am going to use in so when I get to the register I have them ready. Be Sure to watch them ring you up, and deduct those coupons! Hy Vee has a confusing way to print their register receipts and if I don't watch them do it, I have a hard time checking them, I have found inconsistencies in the charges and people are human. They have missed coupons.