Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Big T Day

This will be my son in laws very first Thanksgiving Day, and I want the menu to be spectacular.
Time to think the menu over. Here is what I was thinking:
Roasted Turkey
Sweet Potato Casserole <-- I have to find my recipe! 
Honey Glazed Carrots
Cranberries
Apple/ Sausage/Nut stuffing
Gravy
Rolls
 Mashed Potatoes
Vegi tray 
(Celery, Grape Tomatoes,Carrot sticks, Green Onions,Broccoli and Cauliflower)
Pickle Tray
(Sweet, Dill and Bread & Butter pickles, Black and green olives)
Cheese & Meat Tray
(Assorted cubed cheeses and sliced cold meats)
Sometimes I add a shrimp tray

Pie with whipped cream
Pumpkin
Apple

Okay I am not going to lie to you. I don't make my own rolls.
I buy a nice dinner roll at the store and the cranberries are from a can.
And I buy my pies(although I make a mean crust...)
I also love green bean casserole but I am the only one so they have been left out of the mix for years now.
I do a lot of trays because they can transition to the living room for game watching-day long snacking.
I know some of you out there do it all from scratch but I have better things to do with my morning 
like sleep a little...