Sunday, October 16, 2011

Recipes I Couldn't Resist!

Okay so yesterday my daughter comes home and the Mr had popped a pork loin in the crock pot. But he came to me and said, I didn't season it..you do it.... Oh boy!

I head to the kitchen and have no clue what to do with it....


Once there and after a quick survey of ingredients I decide that we are going to have BBQ tonight.

So I  take a can of pinto beans, black beans and chili beans, along with a can of green beans 1/2 a medium onion chopped, 2 celery ribs chopped, 2 carrots sliced, some fresh oregano, rosemary and thyme and I am set....

I saute the celery, onion and carrots in a small pat of butter, when the onion starts to turn translucent I  add the green beans water and all. I dump the rest of the beans in a colander and rinse them , then I dump them in the beans. I add a few oregano , rosemary and thyme leaves and I let it cook.Once they were good and hot I added some BBQ sauce and a splash of Country Bob's all purpose sauce and they were ready to go..
 I thought about adding some of the pork but decided that would be over kill.
I pulled the pork apart and used only BBQ sauce on it. I wanted a different flavor then the beans. I served it on rolls. With some corn and the beans. YUMMMMMMM!