Kim's Cheater ~Can Of~ Chili
1 lb ground beef
1 Can of Pinto Beans
1 Can of Kidney Beans
1 Can of Hormel chili (with or without beans)
1 Large can of tomatoes (chopped or whole)
1 onion chopped
1 can or bottle of beer (dark beer does not work well with this chili)
Natures Seasoning (optional)
Chili powder (optional)
In a large pot, brown the beef, add the onions as the meat cooks. When the beef is cooked through and the onions soft, drain the excess fat off then dump in all the cans of beans, tomatoes and chili.
Then I sprinkle in about 1/4 tsp of Natures Seasoning (I use this in everything it is a season all seasoning)
and I sprinkle in about 1/8 to 1/4 tsp chili powder.
Once that is done, I taste it, and I adjust the flavor to my liking with the beer,
The rest of the beer is mine, since I am the cook.
I serve this with corn bread , shredded cheese and sour cream.
The secret to moist corn bread is to replace the oil with apple sauce
and I like to add honey and a couple tablespoons of cream of corn to the mix.
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can mild chili beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can green chilies, drained
- 1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 6oz dark beer
- 2 T chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cook venison and sausage in olive oil over medium heat until browned. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a slow cooker, add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Add meat mixture and combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 2 hours. After cooking, skim off fat. Serve topped with sour cream or cheddar cheese with a side of corn bread or tortilla chips.