Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Life and The Blogging World

Sharing Private Moments.....

 We have been married 21 years...
Since I started this blog I have discovered as I go through my life that I view everything in a new perspective... The thought,wow I can write about that is constantly running through my mind, or how can I phrase that situation to make it funny if I write about it...hmmmmmm. I have always tried but sometimes failed to find the humor in my life, it is how I cope with the stressful parts of my life. My quiet humor in things is often missed and people pass it by with a what the heck or okay....But truly sometimes you have to laugh or you will just go crazy.

Today is a great example of what I am talking about, I want to tell you first that I am telling this story with hesitant permission from my husband.I say hesitant and you will understand why in a minute...Rick had to have surgery today, it was to be really minor. He had one just like it a few years ago but because it took him out of work for a few weeks and because money has been a huge issue for us since my cancer, chemo and the multitude of medical bills. Rick hesitates to do much for himself. He waited a long time to get this taken care of. See he is my hero, my love and my guide in all things. He shows me how to love when I am truly unlovable. He shows me what real grace and forgiveness looks like and he shows me how to laugh at myself when I don't want to. He is a quiet gentle giant of a man and God truly knew what he was doing when he gave him to me.
When Rick told me he had to have surgery because he was in  pain and the pain was too much to bare anymore, I felt ashamed because I often feel I don't do my part in our life. I haven't since I got sick and I need to start doing a lot more.He scheduled the procedure and with out pomp or circumstance, we went to have it done. I mentioned it to my kids and to Tanya because I would not be here to help with the blog today so I felt she should know why.Like I said it was to be minor surgery we were to be at the hospital at 6 A.M. in and out,over with in an hour tops then an hour in recovery we should be home by noon. When two hours passed and he was not back in the room, I didn't think about it, two stretched into 3 then 4 and I started to worry. Then the Doctor came to see me, there were complications and I had to make a choice.....there was no time to dally, they had to make the minor into a major surgery...... oh boy. I have to tell you that, there are things we have to do in concert with the ones we love and when we do, it is not easy. In this situation, I had to make a life choice for my husband . It was a forever irreversible choice one I knew was the right thing to do, but also one I hoped he could adjust to.......It was also one I had to make on the spot with out discussion with anyone else. I HAD TO DO THIS ALONE........ I know you are wondering what I did and the easiest way is to show this video.....
                                            
Okay now how was I going to tell him..... I did not want the Doctor to come out and blurt it out to him. I wanted to tell him. I wanted to do this alone with no one else around so he could adjust to it  before the Doctor explained what, why and how this happened in his frank and blunt medical terms......why? Because I know my husband and I knew that if it wasn't done this way he was going to go into shock......This is how I did it......
                                  Me: Rick , baby  you remember the movie Folks????? 
                                  Rick: Yeah,
                                  Me:  Well......
                                  Rick: WHAT?
                                  Me: You don't have every thing you had when you went in there...
                                  Rick: WHAT?
                                  Me: This will teach you to leave me in charge...
                                  Rick: Are you kidding?
                                  Me: No, it's gone.. they had to take it.....
                                  Rick: WHAT?????
                                  Me: Well, remember when your mom said I was gonna take them anyway?
                                  Rick: Hahahahahahahahaha
Then we talked about it and laughed about it, made some jokes about it all and he was okay.
When the Doctor came in to speak to us about it all, Rick was relaxed and grateful and thanked the Doctor for taking such excellent care of him. My husband was much more ill then he knew, the doctor knew and definitely more ill then I knew. I am lucky he is home with me. I am lucky he is alive. This is all there is to say about this. I praise my Lord that my love is with me tonight, it is going to be a rough couple weeks for him as he heals from this surgery.

 On the lighter side I told him when someone says to him that he is _ _ _less, he can now say well, your half right...he laughed so hard he almost cried and he said stopppppp it hurts to laugh. 



Maybe for Christmas I will find a pair of Klick Klacks for his stocking.....
  Good night and all my love, Kim