Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What Other Blogs Do:



I got this from Hef's kitchen... I am NOT a VEGAN and I wanted to get that off my chest right away. However I have heard some interesting things about tofu and when I read Hef's blog letter today I was intrigued enough to send the Mr to get the ingredients..Yes Hef I am going to make your Vegan, chili stuffed peppers...YAAY ME!

I thought maybe you would enjoy them also so here is the recipe:
For 4 you'll need:
400g drained tofu
1 onion chopped
1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp cayenne powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tin kidney beans drained
4 green peppers

  1. Soften the onion in a small amount of oil in a heavy based pan.
  2. Crumble the tofu in to the pan, then season with the chili power, cayenne pepper and paprika.
  3. Fry the spiced tofu mixture for around 5 minutes on a medium heat to remove any excess moisture then add the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans.
  4. Simmer for around 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
  5. Then cut an oval shaped hole in the pepper, remove all the seeds and strange white bits and fill with the chili. 
  6. Pop into a preheated oven for 20 minutes, until slightly browned on the outside.
  7. Serve with some boiled brown rice and enjoy!